Thursday, January 6, 2011

Latest Do-seys

So, I've been feeling rather crafty lately. It must be the spare time I have since I'm temporarily laid off. Sure, Zeke keeps me busy during the day but I have lots of time at night to play. ;)

So, I saw this old buffet table at Goodwill a few weeks ago. It was beat up, out of date, & not the best lookin item; but I was still attracted to it. So I bought it for a whopping $50.



Tools for renovation:
  • 80 grit sandpaper
  • quart of robin's egg blue similar paint, brush, small roller
  • black spray paint
  • black acrylic paint (I used one I already had for kid's crafts)
  • small brush
  • screwdriver
I removed the doors, drawers, handles, & hinges - cleaned it up - sanded down the majority of the surface areas - and applied 2 coats of the blue paint. (Est. time about 4 hours) Then used the very small brush to paint the inlay carvings black (and also touched up necessary spots with the blue paint). I chose to spray paint the original handles & hinges instead of replacing them because I liked their "antique" look. AND..

As an added touch up, I'm laying fabric from Hobby Lobby inside the doors/drawers.


I am extremely happy with the outcome. :D

Next task: laying floor in our dingy laundry room.


6 comments:

  1. Wow, what a great makeover! That looks fantastic, and I love the color you chose. I love it!

    Rachel @ Maybe Matilda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the beautiful blue that you painted it. What a great transformation. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is such a pretty color! i LOVE baby blue!! you did such a great job! it looks NOTHING like it did before! thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please link this to my linky party! you did a fabulous job. The party ends tomorrow night...make sure to post a button to my blog on your blog somewhere though please...(assuming you want to link up of course)

    http://ashadeofwhimsy.blogspot.com/2011/05/happy-monday-before-and-after-w-linky.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! The black detail really stands out too! I'm curious... what are you going to do with all the jar underneath?

    -caroline @ c.w.frosting

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Caroline :) ... I'm going to drink them. HAHA. It probably seems a little strange but I love green tea & I found the cases for $3.49 ea. The individual drinks are $1.99 in store so I figured it would be worth it to buy quite a few. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Show the love.