Tuesday, May 17, 2011

"Book" shelves

I took this idea from Carly (who I think borrowed it from someone else, but you'll have to check hers out to see) See, we're recycling? ;)


The concept is using old books to create shelves. "Book" shelves. Hehe. I scored these from the thrift store for $3 and the brackets I bought from Lowes for relatively inexpensive.


Part of the reason I chose these particular books was because I liked the patterned covers.


Note:
  •  The brackets were a very bright silver so I painted them to blend into the wall. Someone said you can hang them on the brackets from the top and stack another book on top to hide the brackets.

    2 comments:

    1. Really fun...I had seen a similar idea at an antique store a couple of years back and I keep forgetting to try it. Thanks for the reminder :)
      Laurel@chippingwithcharm

      ReplyDelete
    2. PS...I just read your notes at the bottom and one thing I just remembered was that the ones I saw had the L brackets on top instead of the botton and then they stacked another book on top to hide the bracket...pretty clever huh? Just thought I'd share :)

      ReplyDelete

    Show the love.