Monday, May 16, 2011

Mommy's little Monkey

Friday was Zeke's 1st birthday.  I am amazed at how quickly he has grown up. I really did always consider that to be some sort of "mom cliche" but I have discovered that when someone says "They grow up so fast" they are actually under exaggerating. While I'm glad that he is growing up, I am also a sad because he's quickly becoming a big boy instead of Mommy's little baby boy. Of course, as he grows up he is developing such a personality and I'm able to start to seeing what qualities he got from each parent. He's a beautiful blend of the both of us. He is just beautiful.

In less sappiness, Zeke & I had a mini road trip to the Knoxville Zoo & ate cupcakes for his birthday. It was a nice day of just me & him and I couldn't have asked for better.


He gets his dorkiness from me.


  
His favorites were the penguins & monkeys. (Possibly because they we're the ones he could see the best.)

My favorites (of course) we're the elephants.

Even though we didn't get home until about 5:30, no birthday is complete without cake. (or a cupcake in this instance....)


Don't let his quiet smile fool you. About ten minutes later, he was like this:


 I couldn't have asked for a better little boy. God has blessed me beyond measure.


Zeke, Mommy & Daddy love you more than we'll ever be able to tell you.


2 comments:

  1. Hi, thank you for coming by my blog and checking out my gossip table redo! Next time you see one on Craig's list, BUY,BUY,BUY:)!! You and I must live close together since you went to the knoxville zoo! I live in Johnson city. Went to high school in knoxville. Anyway, love your blog design, your baby is adorable, and nice to meet you!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just checked out your photography page, so cool! I do not know much about photography, but think it is one of the coolest forms of art. All three of my children have their own cameras and I am always amazed at pictures taken from their level and perspective!

    Star Wars Cookbooks: Amazon:)! Their are sooo cool, you would love the photos in them.

    I teach at NEState and ETSU and my husband teaches at Tennessee High. Small world,huh?

    ReplyDelete

Show the love.