In a quick & simple "tutorial":
- Unscrewed the seat from the frame
- Painted the frame with 2 coats of a gray semi-gloss I had laying around
- Using an electric staple gun, I covered the stool with some extra fabric I had leftover from reinventing my buffet hutch
- Screwed the seat back onto the frame (The hubby had to stand on the frame while I screwed because it kept leaving a noticeable gap)
- O, and as a nice touch, I sprayed the seat before I covered it with some Victoria's Secret spray
Even better, it matches my buffet hutch very well.