Monday, May 2, 2011

Weigh-In Monday

Last week wasn't my best week in regards to what I ate & how much I excercised but I did managed to lose a pound.


Current weight: 195.5 This means I have lost a total of 10 lbs! I started out this blog a few lbs into my weight loss but I am way excited. 10 down ... 40 to go!

It's just a pound but it's something since I've been stuck for the last few weeks. I also started taking my Metformin again with hopes that it will help me out. For those of you who don't know, I have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS).

It's honestly more of a nuisance that a big health issue. It's not diabetes but it is related to my blood insulin levels being too high/not being able to use themselves correctly. This causes a hormone imbalance (low estrogen - high androgens). It creates such wonderful side effects as weight gain (where the majority of mine came from), difficulty losing weight, excessive facial hair, & infertility. I was diagnosed with it during the struggles of us conceiving. It took us a little over 3 years to get pregnant and I was very lucky to have had the Metformin work (and God on my side) because many women end up needing in-vitro, etc.

Anyways, this is where I have some struggles in getting my weight off. It takes a lot of work but I AM going to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show the love.