Friday, June 10, 2011

Good-bye 60's.

When we bought our home (which was built in 1960), it was just a tad a lot outdated. Fortunately, the guy did drywall the bedrooms but that was about it. We all know that the 60's/70's was big on paneling. *sigh* If paneling EVER comes back "in", I can assure you I will not be jumping on the bandwagon. (Really, I won't. I told Noah he could buy a Ducati if I did.)

I really, really, wish I had taken more before and after pictures of the changes we've done. Sure, most of it is little stuff but it's had a big impact on the house.

To the point: The living room was the last place that had the paneling left. (Visually, at least. We've painted over all the paneling in the rest of the house vs. replacing it with drywall.) The top 3/4 we had already painted yellow so it looked like this:


After a coat of primer & 2 coats of a creamy white paint:
Result? A much brighter & updated look. (I was going to match the before & after pictures but the only wall I didn't paint was the one I took a picture of. I have to move the entertainment center & everything so I skipped that wall temporarily.)


I'm so glad to see the rest of that paneling go.

2 comments:

  1. looks SOOOOO much better! I'm still in the middle of painting the cabinets. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How is it coming along? What color did you decide on?

    ReplyDelete

Show the love.