Monday, July 25, 2011

Yard Sale Desk.

I can't say I was in the mood to "treasure hunt", especially with 29lb Zeke on my hip but my sister convinced me to turn around. Of course, now I'm glad I did. I scored a brassy $2 wine rack, a $1 corner shelf, & a $20 ugly desk.

See ugly desk here:


Looks like someone changed their mind about the blue and started sanding it. Plus, it was missing all the hardware. Yea, it was rough. I probably should of attempted haggling but Zeke was heavy & sleepy. The good thing is at least it's solid wood and not pressed/laminate.

I did some more sanding (that particular edge shown was pretty rough and I still never got it perfect) & primed it all.


(Btw, that's my $2 wine rack on top, I like it because it kind of reminds me of a birdcage. Now, it looks much letter in the kitchen with a coat of black.)

I debated on what color I was going to paint the desk and ultimately decided ona premixed Valspar glossy black. I figured it was either going A: in my office/craft/shamelessly cluttered office or B: Noah's man room and both have predominately black furniture. I I also ventured back to Target and grabbed some clearance pulls I saw the week before. Plus, two leftovers from my kitchen cabinet makeover.

TA-DA!


It's temporarily housing Noah's TV but I'm pretty sure it's going to end up in my office. :D (Just don't tell him that.)

5 comments:

  1. I just found this project at Homemaker on a Dime. This looks fantastic. I love the hardware that you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when people can see the vision and follow through. You took something others may have thought looked dump-ready, and you made it look very sophisticated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome re-do!! thanks so much for sharing with Creative Bloggers' Party and Hop, I am co-hosting this week and it was so great having you there! I am happy to be your newest follower...hope you can stop by and visit soon :)

    creativecarmella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just shared this great project on my Creative Carmella Facebook page...it was just too good not to share :)

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Creative-Carmella/206113556078433#!/pages/Creative-Carmella/206113556078433?sk=wall

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so honored that you chose to join the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop. Thank you for adding this special masterpiece to rock my party :)

    ReplyDelete

Show the love.