Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Yummy Eats.

A couple recipes I tried for the first time....

First, dinner: Alice Springs Chicken {Outback Steakhouse favvvvorite}

  • 4-6 Boneless/Skinless Chicken Breasts
  • Honey Mustard (Your favorite I assume, I just used Kraft)
  • 2 tbsp oil 
  • 1 tsp lemon juice
  •  1/2 tsp Salt & 1/2 tsp Pepper
  • Sliced Mushrooms (I used the glass jar of Green Giant)
  • 2 tbsp butter
  • Cooked Bacon (I copped out and used precooked bacon *gasp*)
  • 3 cups Shredded Colby Jack cheese (I used a little more...I really like cheese.)


Mix the honey mustard, 1 tbsp oil, and lemon juice. Place chicken in Ziploc bag or 13x9 pan and pour half the mixture on top of the chicken. (You can refrigerate the rest & use for marinade later.) Refrigerate for 2-12 hours.


Preheat oven to 375. Heat 1 tbsp oil in frying pan & sear both chicken on both sides. 



Place chicken in oven pan & brush with remaining marinade. Saute butter & mushrooms in the same frying pan. Season chicken with salt & pepper.


Place bacon strips, mushroom, & cheese over the chicken. 

Cover with aluminum foil & bake for 7-10 minutes. (I had to cook mine for 20 because my oven is ancient & bakes horribly.)

Remove & serve with marinade for dipping.

Mine is kinda ugly. I had issues getting it out without mushing & stretching all the cheese. And I have a chipped plate. *hangs head in shame* It was good though. :)

And for dessert?

Fried plantains. Very easy to make. I sliced the plantain, used about 4 tablespoons of butter (I usually respect my arteries a little more than that), & fried it in a pan until it got to looking like fried plantains. (Very scientific, right?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show the love.