Monday, August 1, 2011

Anthropologie Door Frame.

I saw this tutorial/idea at a blog party recently and lost it but since Google is awesome I found it again.

Anyways, I thought I'd give it a try.


Found this frame at Michael's on clearance for $4.49. (I kinda started the project before I thought to take pictures.) I grabbed some scrapbook paper while I was there.

I measured the length & width (excluding the little groove on the inside). Measured & cut the scrapbook paper into the right size to fit and be *almost* even on placement.
Using a Scotch permanent glue stick, I glued the scrapbook tiles onto the frame in a random pattern. Once finished, I applied some Paper Glaze to the 'tiles' to give it a glossy look.

Really, that's it. It was very simple.

I was debating on something for the middle. I am thinking about a 'C' monogram in black.

Sure, Anthropologie's looks better but mine cost around $150 bucks less. ;)

7 comments:

  1. That's super cute! I love anthro re-makes, because it's awesome to be able to make something at home that is way too expensive to actually buy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome - looks just as good as anthro's! :)
    I'm a follower now - everything looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is beautiful. Do share the pics after adding the 'C'' monogram to it. There are some amazing Monogram ideas floating around in blogland. Have pinned a few. Hope it helps.

    -Tanya
    http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty...and yes, I think the monogram would be a great addition to it for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very artful--I love the combination of patterns! Thanks for following my blog. I am looking forward to reading yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know that you have so many blog parties to choose from so thank you for choosing Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop. This post is added to the party blast! Enjoy the rest of the week :)

    ReplyDelete

Show the love.