Friday, September 9, 2011

Ribbon Bookmark

These bookmarks are simple, simple, simple & cute! I made one at my "Mommy Group" yesterday and took the supplies home to make another for one of Zeke's daycare teachers.

Disclaimer: I did this in sitting in bed watching TV about 11pm last night. Please excuse my wrinkly sheets & the serious lack of any type of quality to the photos.I intend on making this again and promise to put more effort into presentation. ;)

You'll need:

  • Button
  • Needle & Thread
  • Ribbon about 17" long (if you read really big books you might want to allow a couple extra inches)
  • Child's hairband


Step 1: Place hairbow on the inside of one end of the ribbon and fold the ribbon over enough to cover the band.


Step 2: Sew the ribbon fold to secure the hairband. (Confession: I don't know how to sew and even I did it.)


Step 3: On the other end of the ribbon, fold the fabric down the backside. When you sew the button on, it creates a neat edge. Tip: Make the fold slightly larger than the button.


Step 4: Sew on the button. Here you can see that I obviously did not follow my own advice and didn't make my fold large enough. It looks better when there is a slight gap above the button.



Once all that is done...well, your done!


Overall, it took about about 10-15 minutes to complete this. As I said, simple & cute.


6 comments:

  1. This is super cute! What a fun way to save your place in a book. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet and cute and simple---all things that I am a huge fan of!!! Thank you so much for sharing your project over at Crafty Scrappy Happy Thursday! :o) I am a new follower and look forward to being inspired!!
    :o)
    Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great idea & so simple to make! This will make a great gift! Visiting & following from Homemaker on a Dime.

    -caroline @ c.w.frosting

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh I LOVE this! I want to pin it but pinterest isn't working *sobs*!!

    Please feel free to link up to my Make Yourself Monday Blog Hop! I'd love to have you!! :o)

    Jamie
    For Love of Cupcakes

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is super cute, I want to make one right now! Thanks for sharing! Visiting from Loving Life: Make Yourself Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great little gift...I have so much ribbon from my hair bow faze left over:)
    Lina
    Fancy Frugal Life

    ReplyDelete

Show the love.