Monday, October 24, 2011

Grandfather Mountain.

Charlene (my sister-in-law) & I took the kids to Grandfather Mountain last week. Man, talk about the glory of God's creation. In the fall, the views from the park are just stunning. Stunning. It was totally worth the trip despite the fact that A: We got lost. surprise. We always get lost when we go on road trips. and B: The kids drove us crazy the entire car ride up there picking at each other & whining. Thankfully, they slept on the whole way home.

I didn't capture my usual Zeke-doing-the-mundane-that-I-always-find-amazing shots but instead focused on the beauty surrounding. The pictures speak for themselves.



I mean seriously?! Check out the miles of endless mountains. *swoon*




 Charlene watched Zeke so I could take a quick hike to the ledge that was up a little higher/went a little farther out. I felt like I could have sat up there all day and just stared.


Grandfather Mountain is a state park that has hiking trails, animal habits, & the swinging bridge. As you can see in the picture above, the bridge is 1 mile high. Yes, it really does swing. Yes, it is very very windy.
See? The trees even grow weird from the wind.

Totally worth the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show the love.