Monday, October 17, 2011

Mini Gallery Wall

I suppose you call this a mini gallery wall....it's the only thing I could think of beside first-time mom wall shrine. :)

I chose my favorite picture of Noah with Zeke after he was born, my self-portrait maternity shot, & one of Zeke in all his chunky sweet little baby glory. I created it by ordering 10x10 Fine Art Velvet photographs and having them mounted on styrene board. I debated back & forth on whether to use frames or not but in the end I decided to not to. These are much more sensitive to damage so it may not be the best choice but I preferred the floating look. I secured them to the wall with Command Hanging Strips.  (I apologize for the poor lighting & composition - that part of my hallway is lacking in light & width.)



The quote "It is not a slight thing when they, who are so fresh from God, love us." is a vinyl piece that I ordered. The screws? Weeeeell, they are not supposed to be there.


As a side note, you can uncover your children's eyes now, my self-portrait maternity picture does not have my boob in it....what you are seeing is my elbow. 
 
Have a lovely day now :)

3 comments:

  1. Hopped over from Homemaker on a Dime... LOVE this wall!! I think I want to do something like this in my master bedroom

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful Jess! I just love these pictures so much and your were so right not to frame them, they look so great on their own! That boy of yours just looks so sweet and squeezable :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to say that I love your elbow(boob) comment.
    Love the quote too!

    ReplyDelete

Show the love.