So, I pulled out a few 'crafty' ideas I had found here & there online. One of them was a tutorial on beaded zipper pulls. I've searched & checked my Pinterest but I cannot find the original gal who made them! Whoever you are, thanks for the idea!
|(The picture looked less blurry when I viewed it on my camera screen.)|
Before this, I had never worked on anything "jewelry like" so the two on the left were my first attempts and didn't turn out quite the same as the others. The last three I am pretty proud of. ;) The only thing I probably should have done was chose different large beads. These had a much larger center hole & therefore they stay centered on the headpin.
- 2" headpin
- larger bead
- accent beads (I used two for each)
- charms (if desired)
- lobster clasp
- 2 spring ring or jump ring (If you can find the spring rings, choose those. I'm worried the jump rings will eventually separate when pulled)
- Wire/jewelry cutter
- Small pliers
1. Create a closed loop at the bottom of the headpin & slide on the first accent bead. Follow with the main bed & second accent bead.
2. Leave enough headpin at the top to create a loop in the above the top accent bead. Trim off excess wire & then create your loop.
3. Attach your spring ring/jump ring to your charm & then secure it to the bottom loop of the headpin.
4. Attach your lobster clasp to your spring ring/jump ring & then secure it to the top loop of the headpin.
Viola! I found this to be a relatively easy project, too. I should have invested in some small jewelry pliers to make the loops because my household pliers were a little too big & made that part tedious. I definitely plan on making more...these make great cute little gifts!