Alrighty kids, it's official Christmas is over. I'm a little sad because I love Christmas but it's been a very busy weekend & I'm kind of glad to get things back to normal.
As promised, I am doing a rundown of my 24 Days of Kindness. Unfortunately, I didn't quite complete all of the days. I got really bogged down the last few days before Christmas & I didn't try very hard. But hey...nobody's perfect & I'm completely happy with what I did accomplish. I think I'll do this every year...a new Christmas tradition that I can even do with the kids as they get a tid bit older.
1. I gave a Target coupon for a $10 giftcard when you spend $50 or more to a random lady.
2. I had a sick baby this day so we only left the house to get some medicine at Walgreens. I did manage to all the change I had on me into the Salvation Army bucket.
3. Again, sick baby so we didn't leave the house much and I didn't manage to do anything.
4. I put a couple of toys in the 'Toys for Tots' collection box @ Walgreens.
5. I gave my stepmother (who is a teacher) some extra couponing school supplies I had to use herself or to share with other teachers at her school. I also pushed an elderly lady's shopping cart back so she wouldn't have to.
6. I made a donation to Gospel for Asia. (I sponsor a child monthly through them and you can also donate "items" via monetary donation at Christmas time to bless a family.)
7. I used my pretty awesome couponing skills to help my Dad Christmas present shop. This might sound silly but the man has 8 grandkids and that's gets expensive quick.
8. While shopping I saw a lady who was struggling to get herself & her shopping cart out the door so I took the time to go open both doors for her so she could easily maneuver out.
9. I baked some yummy Red Velvet cupcakes for the teachers at Zeke's daycare.
10. I packed up bags of assorted treats & hung them on all my neighbors mailboxes.
11. Missed today.
12. I paid for the person in line behind me at McDonalds.
13. Zeke & I brought 2 poinsettias to a nursing home and gave them to two ladies who were living there.
14. I practiced being a much more polite driver. (Maybe if I tried this more often I would eventually become a much more polite driver.)
15. I donated money to Toys for Tots when I was asked while checking out @ ToysRUS.
16. I made my mailman a containers of goodies & left them in the mailbox.
19. I baked some extremely delicious cookies & brought them to work for my coworkers to enjoy.
20. I gave a $10 off $10 purchase coupon to a random lady at JCPenney's.
22. I played coupon fairy at Target. (Coupon fairy means I placed coupons underneath toys/apparel/groceries that someone could use if they were buying that item.)
23. Since I'm at Target quite often, I saw a lady looking at some sweaters & gave her a $4 off sweater coupon to use towards her purchase.
24. The last day and guess what? I missed it. Shame on me.
So there you have it. I was disappointed that I didn't quite meet my everyday goal but next year I will try even harder. I think with a being a mom, having a almost full time job, & running a photography business that I may have a decent reason for not being perfect. ;)
So, now that Christmas is over tell me some of the things you did during the Christmas season to brighten someone's day. :)