Friday, December 30, 2011

res·o·lu·tion


res·o·lu·tion {noun}

  • a resolve or determination: to make a firm resolution to do something
  • the act of resolving or determining upon an action or course of action, method, procedure, etc.
  • the mental state or quality of being resolved or resolute; firmness of purpose  

With 2012 just a few days away, I suppose I should start thinking about my New Year's resolutions. I choose every year to make them but I hardly ever choose to complete them. In years past, my resolutions have been loosely made and usually forgotten about in a few weeks. This year will be different. As you see, the definition of a resolution includes determination & a mental state of purpose. Dear friends, that is much different from the "I will blah blah blah" of halfheartedness that the majority of us "commit" to on New Year's Eve. This year will be different.

So here we go. 5 commitments of 2012.

  •  Become more "balanced". With baby, a husband, a house, a full time job, & owning  photography business - life get's a little hectic. I will become better scheduled, better organized, spend more time with Zeke, & make dinner more often.
  • Take more pictures (not only professionally, but especially personally)
  • Lose 30 lbs. (Yea, I know. Everyone has the same resolution year after year. I've lost 45, now I just need to lose the last 30 and I'll be one happy chick.)
  • Practice a healthier lifestyle. (Among these things - finally quitting smoking hopefully, eating less processed foods, trying more natural foods & products.)
  • Make a serious tackle down on paying off our "debt"....pay off everything except our mortgage. (Of course, this requires a lot of actual work for Noah but I know he's on board with me.)
Most of these things ultimately lead to one resolution in the end: To be able to fufill the plans God has for me by "uncluttering" the things in life (constant busyness, finances, & health) that easily distract us from Him. With God I can happily & fully fufill, not only my resolutions, but His resolutions for me. 


So, what are your resolutions for 2012?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show the love.