Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Cinnamon Roll Fail.

Usually I just post my mostly successful  attempts at various things. Well, not this time...this is so bad that it has to be shared.

I found this recipe in some magazine. I'm sure it's not my the recipes fault even thought I'd like to think so. The recipe wasn't entirely homemade because instead of making your dough yourself, you used a refrigerated pizza crust dough wherein lies my biggest mistake: cheapy me bought Great Value pizza dough.

All in all my came out like this (drum roll please....)

Yes, I know; those...things...look nothing like cinnamon rolls. Wanna know something else? I almost needed a hammer to get them off of the pan. Ok, laugh away.

You can stop laughing now.

Anyways, I left them on the counter with a note explaining that they were a disaster that couldn't be missed. What did my sweet husband do? He ate them. Well, one. And it looked like it was a struggle to swallow. Bless it.

I always end up sharing my cooking failures with my sister. Why? My sister is a great cook so when I screw up a recipe I tell her so she'll start rambling off her cooking mumbo jumbo terms about where & why I failed. Plus, if I fail at it she will usually come over & cook it right for me.


See her beautiful homemade dough?

I know that it's hard to overlook the monstrosity of my 1970's oven but your just gonna have to do it. Yes, that is a non digital clock that doesn't even work.

We ended up getting like another 8 rolls out of that dough, too. The only thing I can say I accomplished was that the icing on the cinnamon rolls = yuuuuuuuuuuuuum.yum.

So a final comparison:

The moral of the story? If you ever ask me to bring food to any event, don't ask for cinnamon rolls.

14 comments:

  1. Jessica, If at first you don't succeed, try try again. You can do it!!! I have faith in you :-)
    I don't see the recipe, but these look yummy...would love to try them for my next fellowship at Bible study.
    You are so funny...thanks for sharing!!!!!
    Judi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to ask my sister for it. She's the master chef. ;)

      Delete
  2. LOVE IT!! Those cinnamon rolls look absolutely terrible. :)

    Thanks for linking up at Finding the Funny!
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do don't they?! In a strange way I'm proud. It's not everyday you create the smallest, ugliest & most tasteless cinnamon rolls in the world.

      Delete
  3. That was great! I wish I had someone to fix my messed up fudge for me! Oh well, that cocoa was still good. That final batch looks AMAZING! And what an awesome hubby to down one of the original "cinnamon rolls"! :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm looking forward to reading the rest of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading. I bet it was worth the cocoa. I imagine that Red Velvet cocoa is delicious. Have you ever tried the Red Velvet White Chocolate Chip Cookies? Heaven.

      Delete
  4. Nicely epic! Erin's daughter requested that she make her famous cinnamon rolls for her birthday breakfast. Erin did not have cinnamon. Erin made the rolls anyway. Questionable results. The funny part was that she made them a day early. It's the thought that counts, right? -Ellen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose the thought counts here. You can just pretend like she made them the day OF with a shortage on supplies and now way to get to the store. ;) Sounds like something I would do.

      Delete
  5. Came by via Finding the Funny.

    Know that I would have dunked those disaster rolls in hot coffee and eaten the hell out of them. But that's just how I cinnamon roll.

    Cheers!

    Ninja Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah. I like the play of words there ;) Thank you for considering eating the disaster I created. :)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Why didn't I think of that?! I could have clear gloss spray painted them & handed them out as paperweight gifts. ;)

      Delete
  7. I totally laughed out loud at those crazy looking cinnamon rolls! Hahaha!! They were all curling up everywhere. That is great stuff.

    (Thanks for linking up with the #findingthefunny party. Hope you come back next week!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sure your cinnamon rolls tasted great. Mine were better tho :D -love SISTER

    ReplyDelete

Show the love.