Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Cauliflower Poppers

In my new quest to eat healthy & fresh(er), I've got to branch out on the veggies man. I've recently discovered a new love for Cauliflower. I think Cauliflower has to be a highly ignored vegetable but it shouldn't! This recipe works great for a tasty, healthy, salty snack. (I didn't take as many pictures of this because I was multitasking other kitchen stations, too.)

You'll need:
  • 1 head of cauliflower, chopped (try to keep it like florets & use very little stalk)
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1/2 tsp pepper
  • 1 tsp salt 
  • Parmesan cheese to taste
(I used 1/2 tsp sea salt & 1 tsp of sea salt/black peppercorn mix. I'm also sure you could add quite a few spices to this to make it taste different)

In a mixing bowl, combine chopped cauliflower, olive oil, salt & pepper. Mix until thoroughly coated.

Line a baked pan with foil/wax paper & place the cauliflower (Don't allow pieces to overlap)

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees & bake for 1 hour. (My oven is ancient so I baked mine @ 375 for 45 minutes). Turn the cauliflower 1-2 times to brown on each side.

Remove, sprinkle with parmesan cheese to taste & enjoy! I did heat up a little spaghetti sauce and use it for dipping but they tasted great by themselves.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Show the love.