Thursday, February 2, 2012

Chicken Bundles

My sister loves to cook and she's stellar at it (see notorious Cinnamon Roll Fail) I suppose it's also obvious that I'm not near a good a cook as she is but I have discovered recently how much I enjoy cooking. I understand you Paula Deen, it's therapeutic.

So, we've decided to start a once weekly cooking night based off Pinterest recipes. I know, you Pinners have tons of recipes pinned but just how many have you actually made? Well, never fear: we'll make them for you.

Last night's dinner recipe was: Chicken Bundles.

Makes 8. You'll need:
  • 4 oz of cream cheese, softened
  • A rotisserie chicken, shredded (The recipes called for 13 oz canned chicken but the rotisserie sounds so much more delish & proved to be excellent, plus we have a leftover rotisserie idea below)
  • 1/4 tsp parsley
  • 2 cans of cresent rolls (we used Pillsbury)
  • 1 tbsp of finely chopped onion
  • 3/4  cup cheddar cheese
  • Topping: 1/4 cup melted butter, parsley, Parmesan cheese

First, you want to shred your rotisserie chicken. You won't need it all - just a little more than half. (If you want to go ahead and shred the rest & set aside with the carcass. Yes, carcass. Best word I can think of right now.)


 Mix the chicken, cream cheese, parsley, onion, & cheddar cheese together to create your filling.



Next, unroll the crescent rolls into squares (4  per pack). Stretch the dough out slightly & pinch the center closed, fill, & fold.(Use a ice cream scoop or a large spoon to fill to help with measuring)


Got that? Pinch.Fill.Fold.


Place bundles on a greased cookie sheet. Spread a little melted butter over each one & top with parsley & Parmesan cheese. (Note: we did Parmesan & parsley on some & poppy seeds on others. The Parmesan & parsley was our favorite.)




Bake @ 350 for 20 minutes and......VIOLA!
 


Beautiful. Let me tell you; these are gooooood. We are happy cooks. (This is sister. Sorry, I wasn't gracing you with my Team Twilight tshirt & end of the day hair)


Here's what we did with the leftover chicken carcass (NOT the meat), onion, and some carrots:
We boiled then simmered it for an hour to make homemade chicken broth. Tonight I'll be using the broth, leftover shredded chicken, & more carrots to make some homemade chicken noodle soup.


O, and here's what we had for dessert.


Have any suggestions for what we should make next week's Pinterest cooking night?

1 comment:

  1. That was so delicious , I'm going to eat the leftovers right now . -love sister :D

    ReplyDelete

Show the love.