Friday, February 24, 2012

Re-prioritizing.

The other day I posted a whiny list about the things I needed to-do.

Then I posted a link to the post on Facebook because I think that some of you might actually read my blog. ;)

Then someone commented  "My bucket list is: die having LIVED every day of my life to it's fullest according to God's will."

THEN my to-do list seemed a bit less important.

I get so caught up in being this woman who serves many different roles in life that I often find myself forgetting to serve my wonderful God.


In the evenings, while performing the usual evening tasks I often push away personal time with God for almost any other thing I need/want to do. Things. Things that in the end will pale in comparison to the glories of heaven.

So maybe I should do a little life prioritizing and make sure that I daily set aside some time to simply thank God for what the day has brought & I have a feeling if I do that, he'll help me feel a little less overstretched. He's good like that.


**************************************************

On a side note, with this "relax a little" mindset, I ignored my pretty much set weekday schedule (sister jokes says that I'm too scheduled and I schedule everything) of "pick up Zeke, go straight home, make dinner, take a bath, play, get him in bed by 8" in favor of spending 20 minutes at the school playground near the house. You don't have very many 70 degree days in February. It was lovely.


2 comments:

  1. So happy to be your newest linky follower! I love the perspective you've shared in this post. It's SO true! What a wonderful way to go into the weekend! Thanks for that. Can't wait to come back and be inspired again soon. We think you'd love See Beautiful too!

    Happy seeing beautiful! http://seeabeautifulworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love YOUR Prioritization.

    I am actually coming to your site re. the Follower linky blog hop. I AM FOLLOWING YOU *** WILL YOU FOLLOW ME BACK ? Thank you so much when you do.

    There is also a link party on our blog, where you can feature 'your best creative work'. There are some great projects to see already, but we want to see your work!

    This url is both to FOLLOW and to PARTY: http://www.FineCraftGuild.com/party/
    Hope to seeing you around!! Have a happy, creative day!

    ReplyDelete

Show the love.