Thursday, April 12, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Being thankful is probably something I don't do enough of. I hate to confess it but it's true. Esther at Lovingly Thrown Together made a thankful post which led me to Carina's blog a punk, a pumpkin, and a peanut where she hosts a Thankful Thursday linky. I thought I'd give it a whirl. The extent of my thanks usually goes to "God thank you for your blessings today" when Zeke & I say our goodnight prayers so hopefully this will help me keep in check the many things I would do good to remember to be thankful for.

1. Last night right before bath, Zeke was playing with Daddy and fell off the couch and whacked his head (really hard) on the hard part of our ottoman. After a two hour ER trip, all was determined to be fine. I'm thankful that everything (aside a long knot & bruise) ended up being ok.

2. I am thankful that Noah is such a great father. Fatherhood really suits that man. He knows when I'm overloaded & need a break and willingly gives it. He really bonds & enjoys spending time with Zeke and I love him all the more for it.

3. I'm thankful that Zeke gets to know both of his great-grandmothers.


4. I'm thankful for seeing a pin on Pinterest for Proverbs 4:23 adapted from the "Easy to Read" translation. "Be careful what you think because your thoughts control your life." I'm a serious overthinker & I think God's trying to teach me otherwise lately.

5. I'm thankful for my Kindle. Yea, this probably seems like a silly thing to be thankful for but I LOVE love love to read and I just think it's like one of the best technological inventions ever.

I'll stop there because as I said, I'm an overthinker. I could probably list a thousand things I'm thankful for but I'll just try to keep it down to 5 at a time for all of our sakes.


a punk, a pumpkin and a peanut

1 comment:

Show the love.