Monday, May 14, 2012

Celebrate.

This weekend marked a weekend of celebration.

My birthday on Saturday (which I've already posted once about). I had to work all day and when I say all day I mean like 9am - 8pm and Noah had to work that evening. I was still much in high spirits about my birthday though and couldn't say I didn't enjoy my day. My hubby and my Dad both did nice, thoughtful stuff for me, lots of people told me happy birthday, and of course I got some lovely gifts.
My favorite part of the whole day though was later that night when I got to my sister's house to pick up Zeke. I walked into a dark house full of 4 year old whispers quiet house to a little surprise birthday party. It was a comfortable intimate little setting with spaghetti & homemade meatballs, and handmade cards & gifts from the kids. I drove home wearing a princess birthday crown, a macaroni necklace, a beaded necklace while toting 2 puppy shaped lip glosses, a Strawberry Shortcake book, and a smile.
Thank you sister :)

25th birthday self portrait. I'm in my prime, people and I better document it while it lasts. ;)

Sunday was the simultaneous celebration of Zeke's 2nd birthday & Mother's Day. Poor kid didn't feel good. Dad "Opa" came over & we took him out for ice cream for his birthday but he didn't eat it and I made him special birthday pancakes but he didn't really eat that either.


 So we took to snuggling on the couch while watching yet another episode of Bubble Guppies. I think that was his favorite part of the day.
 

I really can't believe he's 2. You know, our parents didn't lie. It does go by fast. I can admit that I have taken a lot of his age for granted lately and wished it away for the sake of my "convenience" and been a victim of "distracted parenting" (texting/phone calls/chores/to-dos) I wish I hadn't and I won't anymore because (without trying to sound like a total sap) he's going to be 10 or 15 or 20 before I even realize it and I don't wanna wish it away or miss any of it.

Happy Birthday Baby Bird. I'll never be able to show you how much I love you but I'll always try.

1 comment:

  1. So sweet! A lot of milestones and celebrations, I hope you all had a great week!!

    ReplyDelete

Show the love.