Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Pallet Herb Garden {revisited}

Yesterday evening, I went to my little pallet herb garden to snip some herbs for a vinegar infused cleaning solution I'm working on. I then realized it's gotten a lot better looking since my previous post introducing it.


Yea, I know. It's time to mow. I'm happy to say that all my little rescue herbs have made it & I haven't killed one yet. We've got some Lavender, Rosemary, Lemon Verbena, Thyme, Golden Sage, Grapefruit Mint (looove the way it smells), and I *think* Cilantro. My biggest dislike about the pallet herb garden is that it's not the prettiest thing in the world but it goes find with my raised garden box.

Speaking of raised garden boxes & container gardening, I'm having pretty good luck with my veggies this year:


Hot pepper, tomatoes, onions, & carrots. Can anyone say homemade salsa? Without carrots of course, the carrots are just because I like carrots. I'll probably try my hand at a few other things I can freeze, too.

Quick gardening tip: If you can get ahold of some Pine Bark Humus (Pine Bark Soil Conditioner) in your area, use it on top of your containers/pots. It gives a nice finished off look. It's a very fine mulch that can also be mixed in with the soil at the end of the season to provide richer soil next year.

What about you guys....anyone trying their hand at veggie gardening this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show the love.