Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Dresser {master bedroom makeover}

This is the most major piece left in our master bedroom remodel. I've been searching high & low for the past year for a dresser that was under $50, sturdy with good sliding drawers, and with a decent shape. Unfortunately, they are rare around here because I didn't finally find one until about a month ago but when I did; it met all the above criteria.


Er, I got happy about the makeover and forgot to take a picture until I had already started removing drawers & painting.

I've also been heavily deciding what accent color I wanted. With all the white pieces I've done, I really wanted a pop of color. I need something that wasn't too feminine (since Noah also cohabits this room with me) but was also pretty in it's own way. I ended up going with a grey/blue color. I like it, he likes it, everyone is happy.


The most ironic part of this makeover is that I only paid $40 for the dresser and ended up spending $38 on the new knobs & handles. (The handles ended up requiring me to fill in the old holes with wood filler and drill new holes. The spacing on the others was just awkward.)

Even Zeke likes it.....


5 comments:

  1. Saw this on Embracing Change link party. I love the dresser and the color is awesome. Your patience paid off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a drastic transformation and fabulous color! Great job!
    Thanks for linking up this week!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dresser looks AMAZING! Great job.
    Found you on the Monday Mingle.

    Would you like to follow each other on GFC?

    Iva
    One Chic Mom
    http://fabmom12.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful... it is going to be the inspiration behind my DIY dresser project. Can I ask what color the paint is? I really love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry - I totally missed your comment! The color was called "Perfect Storm" though I'm not positive on the brand. I *think* it was a Valspar paint chip.

      Delete

Show the love.