Sunday, June 24, 2012

His & Hers Closet Sign

Let me start by saying that this is the first of multiple posts you will see over the next few weeks. We switched our bedroom out with Nathan's recently to take advantage of the double closets and extra square footage and I have been up to my eyeballs in paint & projects to make it lovely so please bear with me while I bombard you with the bits and pieces until it is all done. K?

One of the reasons I wanted to switch bedrooms was because Nathan's room has two closets and not only does it have two closets but the closets is also bigger than the one tiny closet I had in our old bedroom. The closets are side by side with a small space of wall between...a small empty space.

I had picked up this old vanity storage mirror from a thrift store a while back like $10 bucks or less (I can't quite remember). I wasn't even sure where I was going to put it yet but I knew I'd find a place and what do you know; it was a perfect fit for that space.


First off, I removed that awful plastic storage nightmare on the back and then gave the entire thing a good coat of primer.


After that, I used some leftover chalkboard spray paint to cover the mirror then went over the edges with a white. (Crushed Ice @ Sherwin Williams) I decided to go for a more distressed look than a solid color otherwise I felt I was ignoring the detail of the frame.


I rewrote His & Hers a million 4 or 5 times and I just realized that the glare shows all my eraser swipes. Before & After shall we?


I suppose if you want, you can also check out that lovely little side table I refinished underneath it.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE love love the his & hers ... too bad we only have one closet in our bedroom .. BOO! I'm so glad you shared this with us this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute stuff! Thanks for sharing this week!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete

Show the love.