Our laundry room started out like this...
Then we did a little remodeling..laid some floor, slapped on some paint.
It was progress but still I felt it was lacking and cluttered. I really hated that giant plastic shelving unit. Garage? Sure. Laundry room? No. I also disliked the cords, the jumbled black shelf, the tacked up no-creeper-peeper sheet, the paint cans and that I ever have laundry to do.
Things we Did
- Noah put up some much more attractive cherry wood shelves (and might I mention they are very level and very well installed. I love it when he does home projects with me.)
- We tossed stuff, we reduced stuff, we de-cluttered stuff.
- Installed a cafe rod ($5) & new curtain ($8 clearance) to replace the tacked up sheet.
- Used the old curtain that used to be "hiding"
Things I Need to Do
- Cut & Hem the curtain down to fit flush with the ledge. The curtain is actually prettier than it looks in the picture but it looks like a solid blob here.
- Get one more canvas bin for the top corner.
- Finish up the few projects to remove the rest of the clutter on the shelves.
- Hang the pictures just sitting on the tall shelf.
Let's look back on the laundry room progress: