Sunday, June 24, 2012

Lovely Little Side Table

If you've seen the His & Her Sign post then you know I was attempting to fill a small empty wall space between two closets so let's move on to part 2...

Another wonderful thrift store find was this plain little $10 table. It wasn't in that bad of shape, it didn't have too many cobwebs, and the drawer and bottom shelf made me a little happy. It's biggest issue was that it was a little er...boring.


I've kind of slacked on process pictures & tutorials because there are hundreds out there and I would feel like a broken record.

I used some primer & the same paint I used on the chalkboard, I bought a couple raw wood decorative pieces to apply & drilled a hole for a knob. All in all, pretty simple. Plus, I LOVE how it turned out.


I had everything on hand except the wood pieces so it only cost me about $6 to redo it. :D Definitely un-plain now. I might wanna straighten that knob though...

Before &  After
 

I'm not in love with the decor on top of the dresser but I haven't really felt very inspired about what to put there yet. Any of you have any thoughts about what to put "on top"?

1 comment:

  1. I love the knob and those decorative wood pieces ... I think it really adds character :) Thanks so much for sharing this at the {what's shakin' link party} this week!!

    ReplyDelete

Show the love.