Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Rest.

Noah & I took off for the weekend (leaving Zeke in the wonderful care of Noah's Mamaw & her sister). Gatlinburg is usually a nice quick trip for us with plenty to see so we go with and without the kids a few times a year.

One of my favorite places in Gatlinburg? The Pancake Pantry. Best breakfast food ever.
It was extra enjoyable that day because let's face it; it's not often I get to indulge in a nice hot cup of tea in a quaint little pancake house sans child.

Plus, we went & saw Snow White & the Huntsman. It's good...you should see it; even if I'm not always sold on Kristen Stewart as an actress.

And we went to Dollywood. It 's been quite awhile since I got to go to Dollywood and actually ride the rides and stuff. They had this new roller coaster called the Wild Eagle. It's a steel wing and your mostly suspended..pretty cool. (Actually, I was terrified at first.)
The second time, I really wanted to get my camera out to record our ride but then I had a flash back to Final Destination 3 (or 4 or 8..whatever number it was where the kid's camera is everyone's demise) so I didn't.

Aaaaand I enjoyed hanging my arm out the window while we drove through the mountains.

Aaaaand we were happy, and cute, and overjoyed at the time we got to spend together...

Until we woke up in the middle of the night Saturday with a stomach bug....then we drove our miserable self's home and proceeded to immobilize ourselves for the entire afternoon, evening, & night. I have to say that I haven't had that much rest since Zeke was born two years ago so in an odd way I am kind of thankful for that stomach bug.

Great weekend with a great hubby & even greater father.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show the love.