Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Sister's Ugly Lamps.

My sister has ugly lamps. They are probably not as bad as I think they are but all the same; I dislike them. A lot. No discredits to her decorating skills; they just got the lamps a long time ago and have never replaced them. (Lurve you sister.)

I offered to find her new table lamps when I went thrifting that we could refinish. Unlike a good dresser; brass lamps are easily found for cheap.


The lamps sat in my disaster of a craft room for many months because we needed lamp shades and we wanted them cheap. I was thisclose to buying fabric to recover some but then while perusing the clearance end caps at Target; there they were. Two perfect lamp shades for just $8 each. Scoooooooore.

All I needed after that was a little oil rubbed bronze spray paint and...


Each lamp cost just about $13 to make so this was a relatively low cost project. She loves her new lamps & I love her new lamps.

5 comments:

  1. Great lamp makeover. I love the shade beautiful color.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lamp makeover is stunning! Love it and the shade is so cute!
    Thanks for linking up this week!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks great too! The shade is a classic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to do this for my sister...where does one purchase oil rubbed bronze spray paint?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got this at Lowe's. You should be able to find it there, at Walmart, Home Depot or probably even a craft store such as Michael's. :)

      Delete

Show the love.