Thursday, September 20, 2012

Are you that "Somebody?"

 A friend shared this picture on Facebook today & in turn I also shared it because I found it extremely powerful. 

Wow.

I think we often feel too "small" or that we are "just one person" or the problem is "too big". It feels like our efforts would be a drop in the ocean. Sometimes it may be something small but we are too busy or too preoccupied or too worried about what other's might think & we ignore it always thinking "someone" will come along and help.

 Somebody always has to start first. The question is: Do you want to be that somebody?

 I know it's early to think about Christmas but as I intend to do my 24 Days of Kindness again this year & I will encourage all to participate. 

It really doesn't have to be limited to the Christmas season; so in the meantime, hold the door open for that mother with small children, give spare change to the person on the side of the road (regardless of what you may worry they intend to do with it), sponsor a child in another country (we personally sponsor 2 children through Gospel for Asia), find a way to participate in any cause you may feel dear about.

Go out today & be that somebody.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show the love.