Monday, September 17, 2012

Ornate Frame Headboard


Awhile back, I went to a thrift store (*insert surprise here*) to pick up my pretty little dresser for the bedroom and while I was there I saw this large ornate empty frame.

It was broken, dirty, & in pretty bad shape so when I asked the gal how much they wanted for it she looked at me like I was crazy and said ... $1?

Heck yes.


It might look like a mess but it was pretty simple to clean up. I physically cleaned it, removed all the old nails (all while wondering if I'm going to get tetanus one of these days), took of the top piece that was broken in several spots, used wood putty to reattach the top where the frame had become broken, and put a couple fresh coats of black spray paint over the whole thing.

I really wanted to spray paint it a different color but you can see the bottom corner is missing a chunk of itself & there were a few other spots that the black just simply hides better.

Now it provides a little focal point over our bed. :)

Yea, my bed is totally not made. Luckily, I really don't care.

I'm debating on putting something in the middle...a quote maybe? What would you do...leave it or add something inside of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show the love.