Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Literary Junkie's #1

I saw this Literary Junkie's linky party via another blog & I got excited about. I love to read. Like...seriously love it. It's my number one favorite hobby ever. If you like reading, then go over & check it out. Follow the gals & find some new reading friends!
Goings on in Texas

I'm excited to be able to connect with other readers. I can find new books & be all like "OMG" about current books with people who don't think I'm a total nerd.

Wait, I am a total nerd.

Anywho - here we go:

1) What book are you currently reading? Give us a little synopsis and your review.
I actually just finished a book & haven't started a new one. I devour books in 1-2 evenings if they aren't like ridiculously long so I haven't picked up a new one yet. The one I just finished was "Redeeming Love" by by Francine Rivers. Amazing book. It came highly recommended by several people so I decided to give it a try. The book has a Hosea/Gomer biblical theme going on (God tells the main guy to marry a prostitute who has no trust & no desire to marry him) I thought it sounded a little cheesy when someone first told me about it but once a few more people mentioned it I decided to give it a try. So glad I did - it's such a beautiful love story & well written book.

2) What are your 3 favorite books of all time?

Wowsers. This is hard. Do you know how many books I've read?! A whole lot. Here are three of my favorites....I honestly don't know if they are my all time favorites or not but I'll say they are for now.
  • The Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon (which is technically 7 with another on the way)
  • Game of Thrones series George R.R. Martin (again, multiple book series with more on the way)
  • The Stephanie Plum Novels by Janet Evanovich (yup, multiple books) Perfect reminder - the 19th book just came out today.

3) What is your "approach" upon entering a bookstore? Where do you immediately head after entering through the front door?

 I have a Kindle. *gasp* I don't go to the bookstore. BUT if I was to go to the bookstore, I would usually head straight towards the fiction. I honestly know what I'm going for most of the time.

I think I'm going to buy a new book now....
 

6 comments:

  1. so many people have recommended the Outlander Series, so i am definitely adding it to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been wanting to read the "Game of Thrones" series! I am a following you back from the link-up!

    -Logan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to ready The Game of Thrones. I started watching the tv series and was hooked! :)
    Also... I wanted to tell you that I love your banner!! I am so obsessed with elephants!
    Anyway, following you back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! THanks so much for linking up with us! I've added the Diana G books to my to-read list on Goodreads now! I've been wanting a series to read!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Outlander series and the Stephanie Plum series! You should check out Joanne Fluke's Hannah Swenson series. :) Thanks so much for linking up with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have Outlander on my list, but I've heard a few people recommend it again lately, so I might have to bump it to the top. I just finished book 3 of Game of Thrones, so I am patiently waiting for my friend to loan me book 4. So good!

    ReplyDelete

Show the love.