Friday, November 2, 2012

Master Bedroom Progress

Our bedroom is finished...mostly. It has been for awhile BUT I'm still searching for the perfect comforter for our bed at the perfect price AND I need to get a new ceiling fan. (I feel like I'm trying to pull Excalibur out of the stone.) I haven't wanted to post the overhaul because I felt like it had to be "perfect" before I did. Erm, but I'm not perfect & neither is my house so let's get on with it....

Here's the deal: This room used to be the boys room/playroom. This room also has an extra few feet & double closets. Momma got stingy & took it over.

Before:
This "before" picture was an afterthought as the paint process began.

This is the overview of the after (minus a new light fixture & comforter)


We painted obviously. I wanted a charcoal color to accent around the closets & a light gray for the room. This room is a little different than the rest of the house because I have a mix of colors & furniture - (White, black, blue, grey, & wood) - but I like it.

I created a "sitting area" where the closet is. 


 I secretly store all my books in the suitcases. A: It hides them because there are too many and B: it keeps Zeke from being able to move the suitcases.


Notice my penchant for elephants:

Thrift store glasses & tealights and Modcloth Jungle Hook.


Here's a rundown of the different projects that went into the room:
  1. Headboard Frame
  2. Footstool 
  3. Dresser
  4. Side Table
  5. Lamp
  6. His & Hers Closet Sign
  7. Chair
  8. Jewelry Holder Shelf
There was other assorted decorating like painting the nightstand to match the dresser, the leaning mirror & suitcases, putting pictures of my actual family in the empty frames, adding a fresh plant, & some tweaking I've done even since I have taken these photos.

There is still work to be done here & there. I need some wall art & I would like some curtains/window scarfs to soften up the window edges. Yes, a new ceiling fan & comforter, too.

So, what do you think about the mix of furniture colors? Too much? Just right? Too many elephants? ;)

5 comments:

  1. Oh wow what an amazing transformation!!!! Your room looks so much more cozier :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic. I love the sitting corner and that charcoal accent. New follower here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sitting area. That charcoal wall is wonderful! Very daring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wanted something different since the giant closet was going to stick out anyways ;)

      Delete

Show the love.