Friday, December 21, 2012

Literary Junkies #2

I've been slacked off on reading lately - Christmas is upon us, the kiddo got sick, work & duty calls. It doesn't mean I can't join in the Literary Junkie's Link Up this month though ;)
By the Porchlight



1. What are you currently reading?  Tell us about it.
Um, this is unusal for me but....nothing. I've been trying to enjoy the Christmas season/get things accomplished so I put reading back on my things to do. Otherwise, I would find a couple new books and neglect my duties for a week. ;) I'm looking forward to picking up something to read after Christmas though.


Technically, actually, I am reading something. The good ol' Bible. I'm going through the New Testament daily now. The same 5-7 chapters for 30 days over and over then moving on to another 5-7 chapters for 30 days. It will take me about 4 years to do it but will be really amazing once I'm finished.


2.  If you could choose any author in the world to write a story based on your life, who would you choose to be the author and why?
Yikes. I keep coming back to this one because I'm not sure. Still not sure. I'm gonna have to come back & edit this later.

Later (after reading a comment) I decided that  C.S. Lewis would be an interesting choice. Dr. Suess is a close second.

3.Tell us about your favorite place to read.
Outside...on a blanket or chair...on a warm sunny day.

4.  What books would you buy for lovers of:
a) Suspense/Mystery  - Mary Higgins Clark books. I haven't read her stuff in a long time but I always enjoyed what I read.
b) Chicklit - Nicholas Sparks books. I think they are always good.
c) Literary Fiction - The Girl from Junchow, The Russian Concubine, or The Red Scarf all by Kate Furnivall. I suppose this counts as Literary Fiction? Whatev. ;)
d) Classics - I don't read a lot of classics (though it's been my intention to start reading a few lately.) I really do like "To Kill a Mockingbird" though. After reading another link up, I would have to say the Secret Garden as well.
e) Comedy - The Stephanie Plum series. While it's technically a suspense/mystery series, it's packed with funny.

If you don't link up & love to read, then you should join in Literary Junkies linkup with By the Porchlight. If you love to read but don't blog, then tell me who you would choose to write a book about your life? I would be interested to see what you have to say. :)

3 comments:

  1. i've been reading the chronicles of narnia.

    my parents read them to me as a child and now i am re-reading them all and LOVING them so much I cannot even describe it.

    i can't wait to get back to my books and get lost in narnia:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up! Don't forget to include our button! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember my mom first telling me I needed to read the Stephanie Plum series. I looked it up and said no way (cause I have a hard time with scary stuff..like scary movies, etc). And she was like, no...no, it's got a lot of humor. You will love her, and you know what, I did. (I still didn't like the scary stuff, but I deal..ha!) ;) Thanks for linking up with us!!

    ReplyDelete

Show the love.