Wednesday, January 9, 2013

2 Corinthians 12:15

Last nightaround 1am (I know this because I was up reading...), Zeke stumbled into my room  and looked at me with sleepy eyes that said "I want to snuggle with you". While I make him go to sleep on his own & in his own bed, I secretly enjoy those last few hours of sleep where his warm little body snuggles into mine; so I hefted him up onto the bed & we laced our fingers together (the kid loves to hold hands when he snuggles).

Then we had a most precious exchange:
Me: I love you.
Zeke: I yuv you mo. Night night.

At that, all stresses and frustrations of raising a strong-willed (somewhat defiant) child just melted away. I realized how truly blessed I am to have such a healthy & sweet little boy. I take motherhood for granted far too often & let the difficulties of toddlerhood define who I am as a parent and who Zeke is as a child. I find myself looking at motherhood as a task, chore, or duty but it's a privilege that God has blessed me with.

 My heart is full of the love I have for that kid and I need to remember to always always show him that.

So here's to another goal for the year: Be a mother (& wife) with more joy & less grumbling.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, this is so true. I get so frustrated at my little 2 year old and then I feel sad for being frustrated. I love that goal! I think I will join you in that resolution.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I find myself looking at motherhood as a task, chore, or duty but it's a privilege that God has blessed me with." I am going to print this off and put it on my bulletin board so I can read it over and over.

    Thanks, I truly needed to read this today! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet moment and realization. I think, we are all guilty of not appreciating motherhood to it's fullest. At least you've made the realization and appreciated the moment. Those are the days, like you said, that make any motherly frustrations slip away completely.

    ReplyDelete

Show the love.