Saturday, January 5, 2013

Bookworm. Nerd. Whatev.

For fun, I thought I'd check my Kindle for the number of books I read last year.

Erm, 45. (I also read a few on my sister's Nook & a few paperbacks, too.)

I might have a problem but hey - some people watch hours of TV, I just happen to prefer reading. Seriously, if I had to pick between by TV or books, books would win by a mile. I don't just read - I devour. Speedreading is my specialty. I hate putting a book down

Wanna know what started my reading passion? A book fair in the 2nd grade and these books:

Image Source: http://goldenage4kids.blogspot.com/2012/06/books-we-loved-volume-1-goosebumps.html


No joke. I've been a sci-fi/fantasy geek since childhood.

O, and my favorite Disney Princess is The Little Mermaid.

So how about you guys? Any other avid readers? Know how many books you read in 2012?

5 comments:

  1. Yep, I read 50 books in 2012! I'm the same as you - I have loved to read since I was a little kid. For me, it was the Boxcar Children series that got me hooked.

    Nothing wrong with being a bookworm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I used to be an avid reader. By no means was I ever a speed reader but I have always loved to read. Then, I started blogging and crafting and I stopped making time to read. I just read Gone Girl and am back into the reading groove. So happy to be back. I just started Matched. You'll have to recommend some books for me. I can only imagine having read 45 + books last year, you probably have quite a few books you could recommend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I probably read 1000 but I am guessing children's books don't count haha. I only made time for 3 adult books this year. It was really sad. But I know all of the adventures of Clifford The Big Red Dog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha, that is what i'm blogging about right now. i love love love love to read as my favorite hobby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like to read but I'm the kind that if I start I can't put it down until its done. I tend to read more in the summer, for whatever reason! So, if you like fantasy you may enjoy a series that I am reading, I have really loved them! The first book is called On the Edge of the Dark Sea of Darkness and its by Andrew Peterson. Love them.

    ReplyDelete

Show the love.