Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Calling.

Someone posted this quote on Martin Luther Kind day on Facebook the other day and until reminded today, I totally forgot to blog about it until I was just reminded by another's post. I could probably add this to a list of favorite wise things that anyone has ever said.
 
"And when you discover what you will be in your life, set out to do it as if God Almighty called you at this particular moment in history to do it. If it falls your lot to be a street sweeper, sweep streets like Michelangelo painted pictures… like Shakespeare wrote poetry. Sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will have to pause and say: Here lived a great street sweeper who swept his job well."
Martin Luther King Jr.
 
How many of you feel inadequate because of your "station" in life? We think we need a highly regarded profession (or a giant house, or more money, a better marriage, kids who listen more, or a newer car or something from the host of things we use) to define us. We don't. Temporary fixes for empty souls. I know what I need. A Creator who calls me to greatness however He chooses. Whether you are a heart surgeon, a janitor, or a stay at home mom God will plant you where He wants you if you let Him. Wherever that is, you can be assured that it is great because it is His desire & will ultimately fulfill His purpose and what could be greater than that?
 
Here's to me remembering that I am exactly where God wants me in life right now & the more I trust and listen to Him; the more sure I can be of every circumstance in my life.

2 comments:

  1. I came to visit after reading your comment on my blog. :) I swear I am not just trying to be that person who is self-plugging, BUT I just wrote an ebook on calling and this post could be like the jacket cover. Or a related topic. I wrote some about it on my blog as well, but I am just here giving this post my Amen. AMEN! I am right there with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, there is nothing wrong with self-plugging! Everyone should be proud of something!

      I added that book to my wishlist for my next book to start...I super love reading! Totally interested in checking it out :D

      Delete

Show the love.