Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Kid's Bathroom Makeover

AH! A finished room!! *insert happy dance here*

As I've mentioned, I'm converting our old master bedroom/bathroom to the kid's playroom/bedroom and bathroom. I know the master bedrooms are typically the ones with the bathrooms but  we chose to forgo the bathroom in exchange for double closets and a little extra space. It works for us, especially since we rarely even used that bathroom ourselves. You can tell to because the bathroom was seriously lacking and the shower curtain was seriously dirty:


With some thrift store scouring, some elbow work, and around $20 out of pocket:


Much better.

I don't want to be totally misleading about my $20 spending...I didn't like hand sew the curtains from thrift store material. I'm not that good. ;)

Breakdown:
  • The paint was free. I am a BzzAgent & I did a review in exchange for a gallon of Bejanmin Moore's Aura paint. I just had to do the work. (It really is excellent paint.)
  •  The shower curtain, towels, & a circular blue rug (you can't see it from here) were from Target. I combined sales & a $30 gift card I had received and only spent about $10-12 out of pocket.
  • The towel holder is a $1 thrift store find. It's one of the accordion coat rack thingamajigs hung vertically.
  • The toothbrush holder, qtip & cotton ball holder were thrift store finds for $1.50.
The waterspots on the faucet were free.
  • The illegibly scribbled (I'm a leftie.) chalkboard panel came from my crafting stash.
  • Your off to great places..TODAY is your day...Your mountain is waiting so get on your way! (A favorite Dr. Suess quote)
  • The wall art is from PaperCoterie. They had a good promo going for a free store credit so I got two & just paid shipping. Cost about $3. (They self stick to the wall which is awesome & remove super easy.) The wire basket was another $1 thrift store find. It now houses toilet paper & washcloths.

 A before/after:

I don't think either kid really gives a lick what it looks like at the stage in their lives but I'm very very happy with it. 

5 comments:

  1. I love it Jess! It looks so good! I love that you only spent $20!! The paint color is so pretty :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turned out great! Love the striped shower curtain, really adds so much to the space. I'm your newest follower by the way :)

    Ashli
    Thegrayhouseontheleft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. great paint color!

    and cute striped shower curtain!

    how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I searched for the "right" shower curtain for weeks and finally found this perfect (& pretty cheap) one @ Target. I seriously love Target.

    ReplyDelete

Show the love.