Saturday, January 26, 2013

Overweight? I'm cool with that.

I haven't really posted much about my weight loss lately. The holidays had me paranoid & I've just been so busy lately that I haven't put as much effort into it as I had been previously. I'm finding it hard to make it to Zumba between work, Zeke, & a bunch of other things that have to be done in a week. I have been exercising from home though for the time being.

I am happy to say that I stepped on the scale yesterday & weighed 185.5 lbs. (Obvi, I have no shame about talking about my weight. I really don't see why people freak out about it. I'm generally pretty open about stuff though cause I think it's easier that way.)

While most people wouldn't be excited about weighing that much I am because for the first time in at least 5 years my WII told me my BMI was considered overweight. Um, YES! I've fallen into the "obese" category for a long time now.

Let me clarify something though: I believe that all body types are built differently. I believe that I am built to be curvy, voluptuous, a little meaty, whatever you want to call it. In no way or form have I felt "obese" in that last couple years. If I actually weighed like 135 lbs like the "healthy" BMI calculator suggests, I would look icky. I have hips, a big butt, and strong calfs/thighs. I'm not built to be some calculated size...this is part of my individuality as a women. Even when I hit my 150-155 goal, I will be on the precipice of being overweight but you know what? I'm cool with that.  

I'm excited because even though my weight loss has been a long several year slow process, it's been steady & I haven't gained my weight back. No fad diets, no HCG, just eating right, staying busy,  & excercise. I never have to worry about denying myself which means I never have to worry about a binge. I'm cool with that.

50 lbs DOWN & just 30 to go to reach my goal. I'm cool with that.

5 comments:

  1. i'm proud of you! keep up all your hard work. eating right and exercising is really challenging in this day and age, so i applaud your efforts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D It's hard to "make the time" but it's worth the effort!

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful and inspirational post. I love your honesty about your weight. I fall into the, I don't want to know what I weigh. I feel healthy and am happy with how I look. I feel like, if I knew what I actually weighed, someone that would change how content I felt with my body. Like you said, when you've hit ranges where your BMI says you are in normal range, you feel like it's not a good fit for your body. I love that you know what looks good on you and aren't worried about what the general idea for healthy BMI is. I am incredibly impressed you lost 50 and I know that you'll lose the last 30 too. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi jess, in response to your thrift question - anything and everything, it's all good! :)

    On a different note, congrats on your weight loss and I love your attitude!!! I teach people about health for a living and I always stress that you can't go by the BMI calculator. It's going to list a 5'5 body builder with a weight of 200 lbs (all muscle) as obese .. so, ya know.. it's wrong.

    Anyway, awesome post and I like the way you think.

    Oh, and please come by and share some stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Show the love.